YUM! I haven’t had a biscuit in 7 months ya’ll! In my “past life”, this was unheard of! Let’s be honest, I love bread of all different kinds and biscuits are no exception. I often enjoyed eating them with jam, or making a simple breakfast sandwich with eggs and sausage. This time I made a soy chorizo/veggie/tofu scramble breakfast sandwich and it was definitely a winner! Is your mouth watering yet? If so, feast your eyes on the picture I shared at the bottom in the step-by-step. You’ll be in the kitchen whipping these vegan biscuits up in no time.
When I found this recipe I knew I had to try it! I’ve said this a million times, but if I’m going to make something, it HAS to be made with ingredients that I’m familiar with, and guess what? These vegan biscuits were no different!
Bomb Vegan Biscuits!
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 6 tbsp Vegan Butter (cut into pea sized pieces)
- 3/4 cup Non Dairy Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder
- Cut up 6 tbsp of butter into pea sized pieces
- Remove 1 tbsp of milk out of the 3/4 cup and set aside
- Add the remaining milk to the mixture and stir very gently with a spatula
- On a floured surface, gently knead the dough until it's no longer super sticky. Pat it out gently until it's 1 inch thick. Fold the dough over itself and pat out to 1 inch thick again. Repeat twice and fold 3 times. Be VERY GENTLE. Resist the urge to smoosh it!
- Pat the dough 3/4 inches thick and cut using the rim of a cup or biscuit cutter, then place on a greased pan
- Before popping them into the oven, top the biscuits with the 1 tbsp of milk that you set aside earlier. Cook for about 15-17 minutes and enjoy!