I typically wait until Saturday morning to make an epic breakfast, but on this particular day I couldn’t wait. It was a Friday evening, I had just gotten home from work and was in the mood for some easy vegan breakfast pancakes. A blueberry + lemon breakfast to be exact. Blueberry + lemon has always been one of my favorite combinations. I can think of so many different variations of goodies I could create! I’m thinking muffins might be my next venture…
Anyway, on this day I decided to go with pancakes. I love that they’re so simple to put together and easily customizable. Once you round up all of the ingredients, it comes together pretty quickly.
I’m always trying out new ways to spruce up my favorite pancake recipe and this one’s a winner, y’all! What’s next, you ask? I’m thinking about trying some birthday cake pancakes in the future… stay tuned! Until then, give these pancakes a try and let me know what you think of them in the comments below!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- zest of 1 lemon (1/2 tbsp)
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl, then begin adding the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Next, gently stir in the blueberries and lemon zest.
- Over a heated, oiled pan (medium-low) use a 1/3 measuring cup and add batter. Flip when they begin to bubble. Repeat until finished.
- Top with additional blueberries and maple syrup. Enjoy!