Have you ever been homesick? For me, it doesn’t happen often, but during our two month adventure it happened from time to time. If you have little ones in your family, you might understand what I mean when I say there’s a certain joy you get when you’re around kids. They’re innocent, full of energy, and generally fun to be around (except when it’s time to change a diaper).
We needed that energy so we thought it would be a good idea to arrange a week long babysitting session with our nephew, Kortland, 5 days after arriving back home. It seemed like a good idea at first, but we quickly learned (or were reminded) that 2-year olds are a handful! For starters, he’s always in the mood to play. ALWAYS! He’s also at an age where he hates naps. Or anything to do with sleep (unless he’s so tired, it sneaks up on him and he’s knocked out cold). With that being said, cooking became a chore and I needed a meal that was simple and could be put together quickly while entertaining a kid in between.
That’s where these simple BBQ jackfruit wraps come in! The ingredients are super simple and completely customizable. You can stuff your BBQ jackfruit wrap with any of your favorite toppings and use your favorite BBQ sauce. What I love most about them is that they’re super easy to put together and don’t require much prep outside of arranging your add-ins which can be as many or as few as you’d like! This is also a great way to use up any veggies you might have lingering in the fridge.
There are so many toppings you could add to create a delicious and hearty wrap! I’m thinking sautéed peppers, onions, vegan cheese… see where I’m going with this? Well now it’s your turn! I’ve given you the blueprint below, but now it’s time for you to get creative and add your own spin! I’d love to see what you come up with, so share them with me on social media!
BBQ Jackfruit Wraps
- 2 cans 20oz. Jackfruit drained, cut
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 avocado smashed or sliced- your choice
- sliced red cabbage to taste
- fresh spinach to taste
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce +more to taste
- 4 large tortilla wraps
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup veggie broth add more as needed
- Begin by cutting your jackfruit, eliminating all of the hard areas and removing the seeds.
- Add the jackfruit and veggie broth to a heated pan (medium-low). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until pieces are tender and soft.
- While the jackfruit is cooking, begin chopping, slicing and preparing your add-ins for the wraps.
- Once the jackfruit is soft, add in the BBQ sauce and mix well. Let sit for a few minutes on medium low heat.
- Begin assembling your wraps and enjoy!